Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Although the U.S. has been reopened, cancellations are still possible, although much more unlikely.
We will post updates as we get them. We recommend that you verify any event is going to be held before traveling to the show.
Read the August issue of the E-Gobrecht!
See all the latest LSCC news:
Volume 18, Number 8, August 2022
- President's Message, by Len Augsburger
- Editor's View From The Rim
- Important Announcement from Bill Bugert
- About the Front Cover of E-Gobrecht this month
- Important Announcement about the Club Newsletter Editors Group meeting at the ANA Convention, by Phil Vitale
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier: It's ANA Time in Rosemont, IL
- Important Announcements, & More
- 2022 Regional Coin Show Events & Major Auction Calendar
- The Auction Realm, by Craig Eberhart - The Auction Realm, by Craig Eberhart - The M & S Petty Collection Sale
- The Gobrecht Dime by Steve Hatfield (Jamestown C.C.)
- How I Began Collecting L.S. Coins, by James Shake
- Liberty Seated Exonumia, by Tom Kays (VNA)
- The Curious Collector, by Len Augsburger: The 1842 Small Date Halves Are Missing
- "Gobrecht" Bust Half Dollars, by Jim Koenings: #7 1839 'Gobrecht' Bust Half Dollars
- Half Crazy - Newsletter of the Seated Half Society (SHS) #4
- LSCC Member Advertisers & Advertising Rates
- LSCC & Publication Information
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here by clicking the image to the left (3 mb).
Bill Bugert publishes Register addenda sheets for new Seated half die marriage discoveries!
Since publication of Bill Bugert's "Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties" series of books, astute collectors have identified die marriages not listed in these references. Bill has written detailed data sheets on each of these reported and confirmed new die marriages so that they can be downloaded, printed, and inserted into the books. Thanks to Bill, these are free to download at your convenience by clicking the image to your left.
Photo of William Barber discovered!
Unveiled in Baltimore at the SeatedFest II convention and announced in the March E-Gobrecht, we are pleased to present the first known photo of William Barber (1807-1879),
5th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the Trade Dollar and Double Dime. The photo is made available for download and use in publications.
To see and download the photo (in multiple formats and sizes), click left or go to the photo page.