Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
See all the other latest LSCC news in this month's issue of the E-Gobrecht:
LSCC identifies dangerous new counterfeit 1872-S Seated Half:
In December, the LSCC confirmed a new counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated half dollar. It is deceptive enough that two of them have been encapsulated by third-party grading companies.
Be on the lookout for this new counterfeit! Click left or see below under the E-Gobrecht and the Special Supplement, including key identification points. A detailed article about the counterfeit and its discovery will appear in the March issue of The Gobrecht Journal.
- Headline: The LSCC Hits a Grand Slam at ANA Summer Seminar
- Stolen Coin Reported
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- LSCC Calendar
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier
- Cracked, Shattered, and Terminal, by Benny Haimovitz - 1891-O Dime, F-119, R4
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - News and Notes
- Quarter of the Month by Greg Johnson - A New 1847 Quarter Dollar Die Variety
- LSCC’s Annual Meeting Next Month Please try to attend A lively agenda is planned!
- The Panic of 1893 brings Out Older Coins, by Jim Laughlin
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here:
Volume 13, Number 7, July, 2017
January's Special Supplement on the Counterfeit 1872-S Half can be found here:
Be on the Lookout! New dangerous counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar