Welcome to the website of the Liberty Seated Collectors Club. The Liberty Seated Collectors Club is a not-for-profit group of over six hundred collectors and dealers
dedicated to the study and attribution of the American silver Liberty Seated coinage of the 19th century. Social interactions at a host of regional meeting
venues throughout the United States are a key element of the "LSCC Experience."
Please browse our website for news, upcoming events, educational programs, resources for collectors, and membership information. See for yourself why
the LSCC is the best investment in numismatics.
Recordings of LSCC Annual Meeting at the ANA available
Recordings of the 2017 LSCC Annual Meeting at the ANA's World's Fair of Money in Denver are now posted. 2016 Ahwash Award winner, President's Award of Merit, and LSCC Hall of Fame induction. Congratulations! Plus LSCC updates and initiatives. Plus a new program that was well received: Stump the Numismatist, with John Dannreuther. Select the Recordings of LSCC Meetings and Educational Programs page.
Bill Bugert's first four Register books online!
Bill Bugert has generously made the first four volumes of his Register of Liberty Seated Half Dollar Varieties series available as downloadable PDF files, so that they can be available on your tablet or other mobile device. These four books are available here on the LSCC website. Click here or on the image to the left.
LSCC identifies dangerous new counterfeit 1872-S Seated Half:
In December, the LSCC confirmed a new counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated half dollar. It is deceptive enough that two of them have been encapsulated by third-party grading companies.
Be on the lookout for this new counterfeit! Click left or see below under the E-Gobrecht and the Special Supplement, including key identification points. A detailed article about the counterfeit and its discovery will appear in the March issue of The Gobrecht Journal.
See all the other latest LSCC news in this month's issue of the E-Gobrecht:
- Headline: LSCC’s Annual Meeting! This Week! Please try to attend
- Headline: LSCC Constitution and By-Laws to be briefly discussed at the Annual Meeting
- Enabling a Broader Collecting Community: The Case for Selling Liberty Seated Coinage Duplicates by Gerry Fortin
- Auction News, by Craig Eberhart
- LSCC Calendar
- Regional News, by Dennis Fortier
- Cracked, Shattered, and Terminal, by Benny Haimovitz - 1845 Liberty Seated Quarter Dollar Briggs 3-C
- The Curious Collector by Len Augsburger - For the Half Dime Collector Who Has Everything Else
- Quarter of the Month by Greg Johnson - Availability of the 1855-O Quarter Dollar
- Some Coin Stories That Made the News, 1861-1902, by Jim Laughlin
- ANA Summer Seminar 2017 photo - Liberty Seated class participants and instructors
The current issue of the E-Gobrecht can be found here:
Volume 13, Number 8, August, 2017
January's Special Supplement on the Counterfeit 1872-S Half can be found here:
Be on the Lookout! New dangerous counterfeit 1872-S Liberty Seated Half Dollar